- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt (NEVER INGEST TABLE SALT)
Bring the above ingredients to a boil in a small sauce pan, stirring occasionally. Stir while lowering heat to medium-low setting. Simmer uncovered until desired consistency (about 20 minutes). The oats will likely be stuck to the bottom and that’s okay. Cover with tight fitting lid and remove from burner. Let stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes so the oats are softer and no longer stuck to the bottom. Scrape into cereal bowl. (Note: To save morning time, the above ingredients can be put in the slow cooker on the lowest setting when you go to bed and they will be ready by morning!)
Mix in (all optional):
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Purify booster (Scoop is inside container.)
- ⅛ tsp ceylon cinnamon (or any organic cinnamon)
- 1 tsp cacao powder (the raw version of cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp local, raw, unfiltered honey
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
If desired, add about ¼ cup of your choice of milk after all other ingredients are mixed in. If you add the milk before mixing, you’ll have a lot of floating ingredients. Note: If you want to keep this correctly combined, do not use animal milk. Almond or coconut milk are good food combining choices for this recipe.
Makes 1 serving.
You can find a printable version of this recipe here.