Hi Pam! Hope all is going well for you! If you don't mind, I am hoping you can give me some insight to a problem I am having. I have been having recurring cysts behind my ears. I had the first one about nine months ago and have had two since then. Each time I have gone to the doctor and gotten antibiotics. Because they are reoccurring, I am thinking there is something else going on. I know from your EC page, that taking antibiotics is not the answer. I have another one right now and wanted your advice before I continue to repeat what I have been doing. In the last nine months, I have been working out more and eating better. Instead of having the meat as the main focus of our meals, it is now the vegetable and we are not eating as much meat, especially red meat. We are eating more fish and chicken.
Cysts are thought to be a build-up of fat cells, toxins, and/or infections within the body, so it would be a good idea to build up your immune system, cleanse the liver (so it can filter the toxins more effectively), and fight infections.
Here are some suggestions that may help with this (Remember, these are only suggestions. Only a licensed healthcare professional can prescribe treatment.):
- Vitamin D3 *
- Vitamin C *
- Zinc *
- Milk thistle supplementation is beneficial for the liver.
- Carrots. Eat a few raw or lightly steamed organic carrots every day.
- Apples. Eat an organic apple every day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. 1-2 tablespoons a day is good for cleansing. Bragg is the brand I recommend. You could also wet a cotton ball with ACV and dab it on the cyst area.
- Consume good fats with each meal. (Suggestions--all organic): Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra-virgin olive oil, Flax seed oil, Avocados, Grass Fed Beef)
- Apply tea tree oil to the cyst area daily, AKA: Melaleuca oil **
- Raw, unfiltered honey. When cysts are present, take 1 tsp 4 times daily for its antibiotic properties. I've found it to be as effective as prescription antibiotics. As a preventive, add 1-2 tsp to food or take by teaspoonful daily.
- Virgin Coconut oil: Massage liberally into the cyst area at bedtime.
- And now that the weather is warm, get out in the sun! Moderate sun exposure (15 min - 45 min daily in summer sun) is awesome for healing infections. Don't apply any of those commercial sunscreens though. They are full of toxic ingredients. If anything, just use coconut oil when in the sun.
- Probiotics, such as acidophilus. This helps to keep the gut flora healthy, which helps for absorbing vitamins and other nutrients. (MegaFoods MegaFlora is the one I use.)*
Again, these are just ideas. The more of them you do the better, in my opinion. Keep up on prevention and if you do get another cyst, it will be easier to heal.
* You can purchase these at my Essentially Complete online store.
** Melaleuca Essential Oil can be purchased through my Young Living site , or directly through me. You can contact me here.
Hope this is helpful for you. I'd love to hear your progress.
Pam @ EssentiallyComplete.net